Below you will find the Top 8 Questions that are asked of us. Simply click on any question below, and the answer will appear below.
When you step into an infrared heated hot studio, you will immediately notice that the heaters emit a therapeutic heat. It directly permeates the body, alleviating aches, increasing circulation, and offers a whole range of health benefits. Infrared is also one of the most eco-friendly and economical heating systems available.
Our studio uses Heating Green infrared heaters to heat our studio. Class temperatures range from warm (80-85 degrees) to hot (90-95 degrees) to hot/hot (98-105 degrees).
AntiGravity® Fitness is the original aerial yoga and suspension fitness technique created by Christopher Harrison. After spending over 7 years on the development of the technique and the creation of the apparatus, he launched the first classes in 2007 and a new genre was born. Christopher created very specific nomenclature and sequencing that can be done safely and is accessible across age, size, shape, and fitness level. AntiGravity® is recognized by NASM and AFAA as a Preferred Provider and our Teacher Training Certifications earn Continuing Education Credits. The Harrison AntiGravity® Hammock was first developed by Christopher for his performance company, AntiGravity® Entertainment (est. 1991) and is still used in aerial performance today. The Hammock was adapted to a shorter length, bringing it down from 20-60 feet in the air to 9-12 feet and hanging it off two points for fitness purposes, instead of one for performance, to only spin intentionally.
Ascend Hot fitness is an AntiGravity® affiliate studio providing aerial group fitness classes safety to the public. No prior experience is necessary. See our schedule here to book your class now.
We offer classes that are suitable for new members at all fitness levels. You do not need to be in shape or be flexible to start taking classes at Ascend Hot Fitness. You come as you are and start where you are at. As time goes on, you can become stronger and improve in your physical and mental states. Consistency brings results. We can assist you with your goals and the vision you see for yourself.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING TO HOT CLASS
- A yoga mat. Mats will not be available to rent at this time
- A large water bottle
- Sweat or mat towel (optional)
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in. Most classes are barefoot but grippy yoga/barre socks are fine if you prefer. Class descriptions will note if you need to wear sneakers.
WHAT TO BRING TO A AERIAL CLASS
- Mats will only be required for Aerial Pilates class at this time. Some participants may prefer to bring a mat. Mats will not be available to rent at this time.
- A large water bottle
- Opaque, cotton-blend, long leggings; they should not be see-through. Any leggings that are not cotton blend may cause slipping in the hammock or apparatus.
- Short sleeve tee shirt; no tank tops allowed.
- Grippy socks are optional; classes are bare foot
- Remove all jewelry and watches. They can snag the fabric or get caught in the apparatus.
- Gloves with grips (optional) for added grip strength; for flips and tricks mostly.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR ALL CLASSES
Come to class well-hydrated the day before and the day of your class. Try not to eat a
heavy meal 1-2 hours before class.
When you step into our infrared heated hot studio, you will immediately notice that the heaters emit a therapeutic heat. It directly permeates the body, alleviating aches, increasing circulation, and offers a whole range of health benefits. Infrared is also one of the most eco-friendly and economical heating systems available.
- Increase flexibility. Infrared heat directly warms muscles, allowing for a greater range of motion. It helps participants open up, melt deep into poses and gain confidence in their practice.
- Pain Relief. Infrared heat directly penetrates tissues, muscles and joints, allowing them to heal and regenerate through a combination of the aforementioned increased circulation, oxygenation and detoxification. Infrared radiation is incredibly useful for pain relief for minor injuries and chronic ailments. Infrared is used by physical therapists, saunas and yoga studios around the world.
- Detoxifying Sweat. Infrared heat will make you sweat, which is a good thing because it is your body’s natural way of flushing toxins. As your body absorbs infrared heat, water molecules begin to vibrate, which causes them to wring out impurities from the cells. These impurities will then be released from your body as you sweat, creating a deep, detoxifying cleanse on the cellular level.
- Weight Loss. The human body has an impressive temperature regulation system which takes energy (calories) to maintain a consistent temperature. Infrared heat also increases metabolism between the blood and tissue, which also burns calories.
- Increased Circulation. Infrared heat has shown to stimulate blood flow. It can help lower blood pressure, help oxygenate organs, and rid the body of toxins (Heating Green).
There are numerous benefits when one practices AntiGravity® Fitness. Below are the ones that
are most common.
- Decompress tight joints.
- Strengthen your core.
- Increase muscular strength & flexibility
- Relieve pressure while aligning the vertebrae
- Increase kinesthetic awareness & agility.
- Fine-tuning balance & increased proprioception
- Low impact cardio-vascular conditioning
- Perform advanced yoga & postural inversions without neck or back compression
- Hold challenging yoga postures longer and in correct alignment
- Stretch further with less strain
- Muscular tension release through self-massage techniques
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering fears
- Refreshes the lymphatic, digestive, & circulatory systems
- Releases “happy hormones” i.e. serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine
- Increases the neuroplasticity of the brain (one’s ability to learn)
Classes need to be canceled within two hours of the start of class time. We offer small class sizes to ensure safety and a more personalized experience. Please be courteous of participants on the waitlist, so they can attend class if you cannot make it. There will be a $10 late cancellation fee charged to your account (autopay memberships) or forfeit of your class (class packages) if canceled within under an hour of class time.
To cancel your membership, you must provide 30-day written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org aftering fulfilling your contract (if applicable). Your membership will be canceled 30 days upon receipt of written notice.
All purchases are non-refundable or non-transferable.